Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Election day is FINALLY here - woo hoo! Many of you have asked if they are making much of the election here. Does this photo answer the question? Yes, it is a HUGE deal here and all across Europe.

As I walked to Monoprix earlier, a man came up and asked me a question in French. When I politely said, "Je ne parle pas francais," he asked what language and I said English. He then started speaking to me in English and asked if I was from the United States and who I was hoping would win the election. I said Obama and he broke out in a huge smile and said, "We can only hope!"


A little further down the street I walked past a store window where the whole theme was the election, depicting it as a heavy weight boxing match.


I taped some of a French news broadcast tonight (see below). I didn't have the volume up loud enough though, so it may be difficult for you to hear. I will cut a better segment tomorrow during the election coverage. But for now, click on the slide below to watch:

From Movies

No comments: